Table of contents
Largest Life Insurance Companies in Texas 2021
Below is a table of the largest life insurance companies in Texas 2021 by market share and premiums.
|Rank||Life Insurance Company||Premium|
|1||Metropolitan Life Insurance Company||$697,430,273|
|2||Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company||$693,474,568|
|3||New York Life Insurance Company||$614,056,430|
|4||State Farm Life Insurance Company||$428,245,376|
|5||Pacific Life Insurance Company||$423,691,346|
|6||Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company||$422,195,491|
|7||Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, The||$418,396,975|
|8||Minnesota Life Insurance Company||$379,296,382|
|9||American General Life Insurance Company||$326,165,490|
|10||Pruco Life Insurance Company||$302,120,250|
|11||Prudential Insurance Company of America, The||$282,311,138|
|12||John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.)||$250,634,304|
|13||Transamerica Life Insurance Company||$207,429,788|
|14||Primerica Life Insurance Company||$205,160,529|
|15||United of Omaha Life Insurance Company||$205,077,161|
|16||Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, The||$202,421,159|
|17||Unum Life Insurance Company of America||$201,820,579|
|18||Farmers New World Life Insurance Company||$197,560,633|
|19||American National Insurance Company||$183,911,886|
|20||Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company||$174,044,126|
|21||Life Insurance Company of The Southwest||$161,439,177|
|22||New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation||$153,719,288|
|23||Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company||$146,742,933|
|24||USAA Life Insurance Company||$142,034,054|
|25||Dearborn Life Insurance Company||$135,852,330|
|26||Brighthouse Life Insurance Company||$134,301,245|
|27||Protective Life Insurance Company||$128,270,440|
|28||Life Insurance Company of North America||$127,882,186|
|29||Nationwide Life and Annuity Insurance Company||$117,822,461|
|30||Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company||$116,499,179|
|31||Reliastar Life Insurance Company||$109,377,723|
|32||American Memorial Life Insurance Company||$108,255,732|
|33||Lincoln Benefit Life Company||$104,553,965|
|34||Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America||$99,568,721|
|35||Midland National Life Insurance Company||$99,310,395|
|36||Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company||$95,394,589|
|37||Principal Life Insurance Company||$95,133,153|
|38||Riversource Life Insurance Company||$89,339,388|
|39||Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada||$88,353,613|
|40||Securian Life Insurance Company||$88,120,894|
What to Look for When Choosing A Life Insurance Company in Texas
- Price- Life insurance is on of the few products can you purchase based on the lowest price. This is because life insurance is on of most regulated industries in America. As long as choose an insurer that is in the Excellent or Superior category from A.M. Best, then you can have the peace of mind the policy will be there to pay out any valid claims in the future.
- Financial Rating- Always look at a life insurance companies A.M. Best rating and only choose one with that is in Excellent or Superior category.
- Underwriting- Each life insurance has their own underwriting guidelines. Age, height/weight, cholesterol readings, blood pressure readings (systolic and diastolic), family history, travel, hobbies (such as scuba diving) and many other factors. Make sure you are receiving the best rate for your health and lifestyle by comparing rates from multiple carriers.
Texas Life Insurance Company Ratings 2021
While it’s important to choose a life insurance company that is large and has sizable market share, it’s also important to look at the life insurers financial ratings. More specifically, to look at the ratings from the preeminent rating agency A.M. Best. A great rule of this is to choose an insurer with an Excellent or Superior rating. Complete list of the life insurance ratings 2021.
Texas Life Insurance Company Rates 2021
Which life insurance companies will have has the lowest rates for residents in Texas 2021? Use our instant quote engine to compare rates instantly from the largest carriers for any coverage amount and policy length. Prices are in order from least to most.
- Life Insurance Statistics by State 2021
- 10 vs 15 vs 20 vs 25 vs 30 Year Term Life Insurance Policy
- A+ Rated Life Insurance Companies 2021
- Primerica Term Life Insurance Rates by Age Chart 2021
- How Much Life Insurance Can I Get For $100 A Month?